Lower Merion Township Banner

126 Argyle Rd

Date of Construction: ca. 1881-1896
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Dickinson Bros.
Description of the Resource: This large frame house in the Stick style exhibits an amalgamation of elements, a common occurrence during the Victorian period. Its textured shingles, varied massing, hipped roofs, dormers, and porch are common hallmarks of the Queen Anne style, and its decorative half-timbering borrows from the Tudor style. This eclecticism was a popular style in the railroad suburbs when the house was built in the late nineteenth century.
Class: 2
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: AR061

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014