Lower Merion Township Banner

112 Ardmore Ave

Date of Construction: ca. 1881-87
Original Architect:
Original Owner: M.M. Clevenger
Description of the Resource: This stone house has a mansard roof, a borrowing from the Second Empire style. It was built between 1881 and 1887 by M.M. Clevenger, and was one of the first houses to be built on this side of the street in the early development of the Litzenberg Tract. This illustrates the settlement of the area as a suburban neighborhood during the greater development of the railroad suburbs. (88-S 91)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: AR106

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014