Lower Merion Township Banner

129 Argyle Rd

Date of Construction: 1905
Original Architect:
Original Owner: James N. Knipe
Description of the Resource: Built during the first decade of the twentieth century, this house is a slightly simplified example of a Queen Anne. Its first story is brick and it is finished in stucco above. It shows a complex roofline with multiple gables, and includes other interesting details such as distinctive rounded windows that are overhung by the bracketed corners of the second floor. The property also retains its original carriage house. (88-S 91)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: AR113

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014