Lower Merion Township Banner

138 Cricket Ave

Date of Construction: ca. 1877-1881
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Edward Miller
Description of the Resource: Built c. 1877-81 for Edward Miller, this frame house shows a Victorian eclecticism that is typical of its era, during the development of the railroad suburbs. It includes brackets and a hipped gable reminiscent of the Queen Anne and Stick styles, but other details, such as the round-topped windows, reference an Italianate precedent. (88-S 91)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: AR114

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014