Lower Merion Township Banner

1019 County Line Rd

Date of Construction: ca. 1893-96
Original Architect:
Original Owner: J.H. Litzenberg
Description of the Resource: This folk Victorian residence on the northern corner of County Line Road and Thomas Avenue was constructed sometime between 1893 and 1896 for J.H. Litzenberg who lived at this corner for approximately fifty years. The house has a cross-gabled form. The front faces westward towards County Line Road, and is composed of a front gable with a one-story porch that wraps around to the southern side of the house. The porch has a shed roof and is supported by spindled posts and brackets. The entrance is located in the southern-most bay on the front façade. The 2 ½ story frame house has gabled dormer windows on its sides and rear of the house. There are two large outbuildings on the rear half of the lot which were constructed in the 1930s. Each are one story, have a side gabled roof, and are five-bays wide. (10/2012) Frame Queen Anne; corner site; carriage house (1986 atlas: J.H. Litzenbert). (88-S 91)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Primary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: BM114

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014