Date of Construction: ca. 1893-1896
Original Owner: Har Hasetim Cemetery (1896)
Description of the Resource: This stone house was built circa 1893-1896 at the west entrance to Lower Merionís only Jewish cemetery, Har Hasetim. The two-and-a-half story house is situated just north of Conshohocken State Road behind a historic stone wall. Designed in the French Eclectic style, it is a three-bay stone house with a hipped roof. The two outer bays each have a third-floor hipped wall dormer. An addition was constructed on the south side of the building in 1985. The cemetery, located in the southeast corner of the original property, was founded near a former quarry on the same property in 1893 and remained active until 1945. The house and its frame shed remained on the same 15-acre lot until the cemetery was subdivided from the house circa 1908-1913. (8/2012) Small stone house w/additions at the entrance of Har Hasetim cemetery.
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL001