Lower Merion Township Banner

35 Crosby Brown Rd

Date of Construction: 1814
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Evan Jones
Description of the Resource: Originally part of the Walover/Jones Mill complex, this 1814 stone barn was converted into a single family residence during the subdivision of the Crosby Brown Estate in the 1930s. The 3-1/2 story barn is constructed of rough laid fieldstone with half-timbered portions and a wood shingle gable roof. Several gabled dormer windows and two and chimneys puncture the roof. Because of this barns historical links to the early mills, it is considered as contributing to the Mill Creek Increase National Register Historic District. (8/2012)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Mill Creek Increase
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL017

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014