Date of Construction: 1870
Description of the Resource: This 1 story stone building was formerly a Baptist Church. Its Gothic elements most notably lancet arches on doors windows and belfry and a steeply pitched roof are picturesquely modified by Stick Style trim at the eaves and gable peak. The 3 bay facade has a centered door. The doors and windows have stone voussoirs and the rest of the stonework is roughly coursed polygonal rubble. The Stick Style elements are bracketed eaves a pierced stickwork collar brace and open wooden belfry. There is a round stained-glass window above the entrance and a massive stone chimney at the rear. The sides have recessed pointed dormers. On the west is a two-part wooden shingled shed addition. The roof was formerly slate.
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Gladwyne District
Name of National Historic District: Gladwyne
Reviewed By: HARB
Inventory Index Number: GL067