Lower Merion Township Banner

428 Conshohocken State Rd

Date of Construction: ca. 1887-1896
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Mrs. A. J. Hallman
Description of the Resource: In the early 1890s, this 2 story Victorian Queen Anne style house was constructed for owner, Mrs. A.J. Hallman. She owned the property for only ten or so years, until it was bought by C.R. Jones. The small, three-bay stone house had a cross gabled, steeply pitched roof with a single window on the third floor in the front gable. The house faces east towards Conshohocken State Road, and a pedestrian walkway leads the visitor to the entrance, which is located under a full-length, one-story shed-roof porch. The driveway is off Righters Mill Road, to the south. A large, two-story addition that is four bays long and as wide as the house, extends westward. A detached side-gabled detached garage is west of the house. (8/2012) Stucco Italianate Queen Anne house w/porch. (1896 atlas: Mrs. A.J.Hallman). (88)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL088

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014