Lower Merion Township Banner

650 Dodds Ln

Date of Construction: 1906
Original Architect: Bunting & Shrigley
Original Owner: James S. Austin
Description of the Resource: Rocky Crest is a large, Neoclassical estate built in 1906 for James S. Austin. The site includes the main house, situated atop a hill in the rear of the lot, and a stable and garage building located south of the house along the winding driveway. Austin lived here until Joseph and Alberta Pew, of the prominent and well-known Pew family, bought the estate in the late 1910s. (8/2012)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL098

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014