Lower Merion Township Banner

664 Dodds Ln

Date of Construction: 1911
Original Architect: McIlvaine & Roberts
Original Owner: Horace Bullock
Description of the Resource: Built in 1911, this Tudor style residence was once the carriage house for the “Hillcrest” estate. The main house is now located at 666 Dodds Lane. “Hillcrest” was designed by McIlvaine & Roberts for Horace Bullock, a local wool merchant. The 1-1/2 story property has a cross gabled roof, with half timber construction in the end gables and laid fieldstone on the first level. The main entrance is under the end gable on the north façade. Three small dormers are located east of the entrance gable. A small 1979 addition, also in the Tudor style, extends northward from the western end of the carriage house. The house is located on a flag lot: its property boundaries closely outline the driveway then expand to enclose the house and some of the historic “Hillcrest” wooded property. The 8 acre property was remained in the Bullock family for approximately thirty years. The estate was subdivided in the 1950s. (8/2012) Refer to 666 Dodds Lane.
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL099

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014