Date of Construction: 1824
Description of the Resource: This stuccoed 2 story house was initially simple housing for mill workers. The original section on the north end bears an 1824 datestone with initials JRR. It is two bays wide and has a door in the center that is framed by molding with bull's-eye corner blocks. The entrance has deep reveal behind a flush glass door. Three bays have been added to the south. South of this addition and set back from the facade is another of 2 stories with a gabled roof. The south gable ends are clad in clapboard. Both additions have bay windows on the south side. All windows have louvered shutters. There is an exterior entrance to the basement and a shed addition with a pent roof at the rear. Three stuccoed chimneys occur in the main block: one center, one side and one end. Also on the property are an open well and a detached garage of frame and stucco with a shingle roof dormer and cupola.
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Gladwyne District
Name of National Historic District: Gladwyne
Reviewed By: HARB
Inventory Index Number: GL132