Lower Merion Township Banner

945 Black Rock Rd

Date of Construction: 1824
Original Architect:
Original Owner:
Description of the Resource: One of three residences added to the property of John W. Townsend between 1908 and 1913 on what was to be known as Orchard Lane (now the Montgomery Avenue driveway entrance to the Yarnall Gymnasium.) In 1948 it was possibly the residence of C. W. Ogelsby. The building was relocated to its current site prior to the 1977 construction of the Yarnall Gymnasium. Not Classified - No classification recommended
Class: 1
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Gladwyne District
Name of National Historic District: Gladwyne
Reviewed By: HARB
Inventory Index Number: GL146

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014