Date of Construction: 1800
Original Owner: Henry Coldflesh
Description of the Resource: This 2 story house of random fieldstone was probably stuccoed originally. It has 3 bays on the facade and is 4 registers deep. The Georgian Revival center entrance is pedimented and has flaking pilasters. The house was built in three stages. The earliest c1880 includes the front two registers of the north bay. About 1840 two additions similar in style were made: two more bays were added on the south (including the present door) and two registers of fieldstone and stucco were added on the north rear. A chimney on the north end is interior: one on the south end is exterior. The third stage dates from c.1970 when an aluminum siding shed addition with an entrance was put in the rear. A shed roof porch on square posts occurs on the south side. Except for the bay window clad in aluminum siding on the south bay of the facade the windows are all 6/6 with paneled shutters on the first floor and louvered on the second. A 3 story barn with a timber-over-stone first story.
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Gladwyne District
Name of National Historic District: Gladwyne
Reviewed By: HARB
Inventory Index Number: GL163