Lower Merion Township Banner

1037 Black Rock Rd

Date of Construction: 1928
Original Architect:
Original Owner:
Description of the Resource: This 2 story house is 3 bays wide of roughly coursed fieldstone on the first floor and board and batten siding on the large gable end facing the street. Set on a raised basement the house has a massive stone chimney on the north side. The entrance in the south bay has a gabled hood with brackets. In the center is a 3-part window with 6/1 sash and on the north a large arched 4-light window. In the center of the second floor is a large shed wall dormer with a 3-part window; above it in the gable peak is a semicircular fanlight. A gabled dormer is on the north side. On the south side is a bay window and a c.1965 enclosed porch.
Class: 1
Street Classification: Tertiary
Name of Local Historic District: Gladwyne District
Name of National Historic District: Gladwyne
Reviewed By: HARB
Inventory Index Number: GL177

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014