Lower Merion Township Banner

1115 Bryn Tyddyn Dr

Date of Construction: 1836
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Percival Roberts
Description of the Resource: In its present state, the house is composed of a long section that faces west, parallel to Bryn Tyddyn Drive, and a large section that extends eastward from the rear of the building. The section facing the road is symmetrical, composed of a long side gabled center with two cross-gabled wings on both the north and south ends. The central part is five bays wide, features a one-story pedimented entrance porch on the lower middle bay that is supported by two columns, two segmental pedimented dormer windows, and a chimney on both ends. Both the northern and southern gabled wings protrude westward from the central section so that a bay of windows on the inner facades allow light to enter the interior. A full-height, Greek Revival entry porch was added to the center of the south fašade of the southern wing. The porch has a pedimented roof and is supported by four evenly-spaced Doric columns. The rear section also has a complex roof system, with several cross gabled and protruding sections, a couple shed-roof dormers, and two chimneys. A small covered walkway connects the detached garage to the rear of the house. (8/2012)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: GL180

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014