Lower Merion Township Banner

130 Avon Rd

Date of Construction: ca. 1887-96
Original Architect:
Original Owner: William A. Fisher
Description of the Resource: This building was constructed sometime between 1887 and 1896 as a carriage house for the “Robin’s Nest” home on Pennswood Road. The main house, which was constructed between 1881 and 1887, was demolished in the later part of the 20th century. “Robin’s Nest” was one of several home built along Pennswood Road for William A. Fisher during the last twenty years of the 19th century. This house has a 1 ½ side-gabled block with a one-story gabled wing. The entrance is located on the southern side of the wing, near its connection with the 1 ½ story block. The larger block has a large gabled dormer on both the east and west sides. The west side of the house opens onto an enclosed patio and there is a brick chimney rising along the southern gable. (10/2012) Small frame outbuilding from: Ferndale estate. (see also 218 Avon Road.)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: HA019

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014