Date of Construction: ca. 1881-87
Original Owner: William A. Fisher
Description of the Resource: This Stick Style building was constructed in the early 1880s on William A. Fisher’s “Ferndale” estate. It appears as though only half of the building was originally constructed. It was expanded in the later part of the 20th century. Located on the northwest side of Avon Road, the building is oriented southeast and sits right along the road. The building takes on an H-shaped plan, with the two parallel blocks perpendicular to the road. They have front-gabled roofs and the connector between the two blocks has a side gabled roof. The eastern-most block has two garage doors on the first level of the front-gable. Along the outside, there are three bays of windows. The center bay has a gabled wall dormer and the outer two bays have shed roof wall dormers. A rectangular cupola sits in the center of the roof. The entrance is located in the center of the house, under a gabled portico. A circular cupola sits in the center of the middle block. The western-most block mirrors its parallel block, with a gabled and two shed-roofed wall dormers on the outer side and a rectangular cupola in the center of the roof. (10/2012) Other 1/2 added after 1961 A frame Stick Style estate outbuilding for William A. Fisher's estate "Ferndale" built before 1896.
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: HA028