Date of Construction: ca. 1871-77
Original Owner: Jno Wainwright
Description of the Resource: This twin home was first built in the 1870s on a rectangular lot along Bowman Avenue belonging to Jno. Wainwright. By 1881, the property was divided and the house belonged to Van Baun, who owned the property until the early 1910s. Just after the turn of the 20th century, the house appears to have been converted into a twin and by 1913, the property was subdivided into ten lots. The building was designed in the Second Empire style, with typical architectural elements such as a mansard roof with segmental arched dormer windows, a one-story, flat-roofed porch supported by free classic columns, and a wide, bracketed cornice. With the Mansard roof, there are three full stories of living space. The front corners of the rectangular building have been cut away for an entrance and there are two bay windows on the first level of the front fašade. Also on the property is a front-gabled garage. (10/2012) One unit of a stucco, double mansard roofed house built for the Van Baun's before 1896.
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: MS036