Date of Construction: 1925
Original Architect: Wallace & Warner
Original Owner: Yorklynne Manor Apts.
Description of the Resource: This Tudor apartment complex was built in 1925 by architects, Wallace & Warner for the York Lynne (or Yorkline) Manor Corporation. They later changed their name to the Merion Manor Condominiums. The design incorporated a central courtyard surrounded on three sides by apartments, creating an overall U-shaped plan. The complex is three stories, with gables and hipped roofs on the third level. The walls incporporate a variety of styles – some parts are half timbered and stucco, others are half-timbered and brick, but the majority of the building is constructed of just brick. There are several projecting gables and three-story semi-hexagonal bays. The well-designed complex also includes smaller details such as wood bracketing below the half-timbered sections and flat-roofed, half-timbered dormer windows. (10/2012) A Tudor apartment complex built in 1925 around a central court yard by the designs of Wallace & Warner, Architects for Yorklynne Manor Corporation. The name was later changed to Merion Manor Apartments.
Street Classification: Primary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: MS060