Date of Construction: ca. 1877-1881
Original Owner: Jonathan Jones
Description of the Resource: This converted carriage house or barn was built for Silas Jones circa 1877-81 on the 90-acre property belonging to Jonathan Jones. Silas Jones lived at the main house (now at 728 Conshohocken State Rd) until just after the turn of the 20th century. By 1908, the 21-acre parcel south of Conshohocken State Road, on which the main house, this outbuilding, and several other buildings were located, was sold to Dr. Joseph F. Neff. Neff resided there until the 1930s, after which the property was subdivided and the house and barn were split into separate parcels. The house is composed of two blocks. The smaller, eastern block, is a two-bay, Victorian building with a side gable roof and a cross gable in the center of the front, north, fašade. The larger block, attached to the western side, is three-by-five bays and has a flat roof. Both are constructed of stone and are two stories tall. (8/2012) A late 19th-century residence with a carriage house/barn was built before 1896 for Jonathan Jones. The carriage house has been converted to a separate property at 728 Conshohocken State Road.
Street Classification: Secondary
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: NA019