Lower Merion Township Banner

1500 Centennial Rd

Date of Construction: 1928
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Guy Croyle
Description of the Resource: This large stone house was constructed in 1928 for Guy Croyle, who named the estate “Glen Brook.” Croyle sold the property in the early 1940s to Albert Lucine who renamed to property “Waterloo.” Part of the 18-acre property along Flat Rock Road was subdivided in the 1950s, but Lucine retained the majority of the land. The house is situated at the end of a long driveway north of Centennial Road. It was designed in the French Eclectic style, with typical architectural elements such as hipped roofs, hipped roof dormers, and two large exterior gable-wall chimneys. The northwest façade holds two garage bays on the basement level and one story of living space above. The visitor walks up a set of stairs along the west and southwest corner onto a raised patio on the southwest façade. Also on the property are two barns and a pool. (8/2012) Stone mansion unusual stonework; large property adjacent to Pencoyd Park. LMTBD plans stamped 1928 Guy Croyle owner, no architect listed. (91)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: NA034

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014