Lower Merion Township Banner

256 Broughton Ln

Date of Construction: ca. 1900-1908
Original Architect:
Original Owner: E.H. Curwen
Description of the Resource: Constructed c. 1900-1908 by E.H. Curwen, this house was originally two separate adjacent structures that served as outbuildings for the Gothic Revival mansion Walnut Hill. The two small, two-and-a-half story stone (east) and frame (west) buildings were joined with a one-story frame addition c.1926-1937. The joined Colonial Revival building then underwent subsequent additions and alterations in 1949, 1964 and 1971. The small addition to the east side of the building appears to be post 1961 as does the front porch of the west side of the building. This property was subdivided from Walnut Hill c.1948-1961 and contains one small non-original outbuilding. (10/2012) Walnut Hill: outbuilding. (See 359 Spring Mill Road. (88)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: VI004

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014