Lower Merion Township Banner

1105 Brynllawn Rd

Date of Construction: ca. 1900-1908
Original Architect:
Original Owner: J. Kearlsey Mitchell
Description of the Resource: By the early 1950s the almost 200-acre property of Red Rose Farm was subdivided, and the U-plan building was split into two properties (the other at 1107 Brynllawn Road) in 1956. This property encompasses the northwest side of the U. It is a long one-and-a-half story gable building with a two-and-a-half story cross gable at the south end and a one-and-a-half story cross gable at the north end. 1105 Brynllawn Road has had few alterations (notwithstanding its division into two properties), one in 1956 (likely interior renovations to convert the carriage house/stables into a residence) and kitchen renovations in 1972. (10/2012)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: VI038

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014