Lower Merion Township Banner

508 Candace Ln

Date of Construction: 18-13-1907
Original Architect: 1813 farmhouse alts-Brockie & Hastings
Original Owner: Isaac H. Clothier Jr.
Description of the Resource: Remaining outbuilding from 42 acre “Sunnybrook” farm of Isaac H. Clothier Jr. Main building remains at 601 Matson Ford Road. The main building was originally an 1813 farmhouse with alterations by Brockie & Hastings (1907 added new wing & 1909 added sun porch), Horace Trumbauer (1917 built a large stone stable), and Eyre & MacIlvaine (1923 extensive interior and exterior alterations). This outbuilding is present on the 1871 map, owned by Christopher Pechin, and may date to 1813 as well. (10/2012) refer to 601 Matson Ford Road
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: VI088

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014