Lower Merion Township Banner

277 Broughton Ln

Date of Construction: ca. 1913-20
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Howard Ellison Jr.
Description of the Resource: This large stone Colonial Revival home, named “Cremona” was built between 1913 and 1920 for Howard Ellison Jr., on land owned in 1908 by Miss Florence Baldwin. The Cremona property was originally comprised of 4-1/2 acres; 269 and 293 Broughton Lane were created from subdivisions of this property. Broughton Lane had been laid out in 1907 by George F. Curwen to run due north across his property just east of his old farm picket fence. He named it Broughton for his father’s Cumberland home. (10/2012) Stucco Co. Rev mansion on large lot. (1938 atlas: Howard Ellison Jr. "Cremona") (88)
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: VI092

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014