Lower Merion Township Banner

400 Ballytore Circle

Date of Construction: ca. 1881 - 1887
Original Architect:
Original Owner: Thadius Norris
Description of the Resource: Tudor style house, converted from a carriage house originally built in the 1880’s as part of the estate of Thadius Norris (1887 atlas). The main house no longer stands. The Tudor style’s distinctive decorative half-timbering, dormers, and gables invoke a sense of quaint domesticity by imitating medieval English buildings such as Shakespeare’s birthplace.
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: WW028

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014