Lower Merion Township Banner

146 Anton Rd

Date of Construction: 1912
Original Architect: Horace Sellers
Original Owner: Sabin W. Colton, Jr.
Description of the Resource: Banker Sabin W. Colton, Jr. and his wife Jessie Sellers Colton had this Colonial Revival house, known as Estycoyd, built in 1912 for their daughter Mildred Colton Esty. Esty was the wife of Robert P. Esty, and her parents transferred her the ownership of the property in 1914. The house was designed by architect Horace Sellers, who was the brother of Jessie Sellers Colton. The house remained in the Esty family until the death of the proprietress, and it was sold in 1982. (10/2012) 1908 Atlas -- property of Louis Wister
Class: 2
Street Classification: Minor
Name of Local Historic District: Not in a local district
Name of National Historic District: Not applicable
Reviewed By: Historical Commission
Inventory Index Number: WW099

A Photograph of the Resource will appear here if one is available. Note: Not all resources have photographs.


© Township of Lower Merion 2002-2014